Monday, August 25, 2014

Seattle Spotlight // 8oz Burger & Co.

I moved to Seattle a little over a year ago, and while I love exploring all of the fun places the city offers, I realized that I very rarely share them here on the blog. So, I'm starting a new feature that I'll update on occasion showcasing different places (food, sightseeing, etc.) in this wonderful city that in my opinion, are definitely worth a visit. :)

I'll start today's Seattle Spotlight with 8oz Burger Bar on Capitol Hill. A friend of mine has been talking up 8oz for months, telling me that I must try their veggie burger, so on Saturday, I went with Adam and my brother to check it out.



The feel of 8oz is old school southern with a modern twist. There's a chalkboard above the bar with a chicken, a pig with the word "bacon" scribbled inside of it, and a cow who has its insides numbered the way a butcher might label them. Obviously, this is a very meat friendly joint. Being the vegetarian that I am, I appreciate when meat heavy restaurants not only offer a veggie burger, but actually take the time to put some creative thought into it. I immediately liked this place for that reason.






Their veggie burger consists of: a house made patty, watercress, tomato, onion, pickle, avocado, and herb aioli, all on a vegan pretzel bun. Yum! They also have a really appetizing snack menu featuring things like mac & cheese (Beecher's cheese, cinnamon), popcorn chicken, a "plate o bacon", short rib poutine (Kennebec fries, house gravy, mozzarella), brussels sprouts, sweet potato tots (cinnamon powdered sugar, honey curry aioli), and grass fed sliders.

"Not all burgers are created equal," is the motto of 8oz and that's something I picked up on right away, as it seems they pride themselves on using only local and organic meat and ingredients. As stated right on their menu, "Our house blend patties are made from naturally raised, antibiotic free, hormone free, 100% local black angus from Open Prairie, located in Pasco, WA." Can't argue with that! They also boast that they offer vegan pretzel buns as well as gluten free buns, making it obvious that they strive to please all customers.

When we sat down, our waitress was extremely friendly, asked if we had ever been there before, and then gave us the spiel, going over the menu with us and giving suggestions on what to order based on how hungry we were. The vibe while we were there was laid back and even though almost every table was full, it never felt like a rowdy burger joint. Classy burgers done right, is how I'd describe 8oz.

Along with our burgers, we also ordered the sweet potato tots to share as well as a couple of milkshakes. (Adam got the chocolate shake and I got the salted caramel.) We both ordered the veggie burger, and my brother ordered the 8oz, their signature burger. The sweet potato tots were really good, and the honey curry aioli they served them with was amazing! I think I may have enjoyed those more than my burger... The burger was good, don't get me wrong, but I really enjoyed the tots. I also thought my shake was delicious; I'm a sucker for all things salted caramel.







So, if you find yourself on Capitol Hill and are craving a creative and delicious eco friendly burger, head over to 8oz Burger & Co.! They also have a location in Ballard. :)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely post and photos! It's such a cute place! That makes me happy that they are not only accommodating to vegetarians, but go the extra mile to make a meal unique, as well! And the fact that they buy locally and organically- I'm sold! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks amazing! I'll have to try it soon :-) have you had the salted caramel pear pie from high 5? I can't remember if we did... But anyway, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes we had some on one of our first dates, haha. It was delicious! I really wanted to bring my dad there when he visited but they were closed. :(

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, this place looks amazing. Love your blog, thanks for stopping over at mine :)

    <3 Megan
    http://www.garden-variety.net

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!